Application Details International Sound Awards 2017
Please find here an overview of relevant information for the International Sound Awards 2017.
All submissions must be entered online.
- Application deadline: (24th May 2017) extended to 31st May 2017
- Judging: June 2017
- Notification of nominees: Until the beginning of July 2017 via email
- Publication in the online gallery: July 2017
- Award ceremony: 21st September 2017 during the Reeperbahn Festival in Hamburg
Better Sound 2017: All nominated works will be honoured
ISAbell Winner: The best works will be honoured
ISAbell Grand Prix: Outstanding works will be honoured
Admission fee per case per category: 300,- Euro
Applicants can submit in more than one category. For every additional category a fee of 100 Euro will be charged. Transportation and travelling expenses must be carried by the applicant if, in exceptional cases, a submission must be sent for assessment. Following services are included:
- Examination of the submitted material
- Processing information for the jury
- Processing information for the online gallery
- Processing information for the Award Show
- Processing information for other communication
Per case on nomination: 500,- Euro
Nomination comprises following services:
- Publication in the online gallery on the home page
- Certificate of nomination
- Badge for own communication
- Entry in the Yearbook
- Two tickets for the Award Show on 21st September 2017 in Hamburg (including snacks)
- Two „Sessions Only Tickets“ for the Reeperbahn Festival Conference
- Mentioning in press releases, etc.
For the Awards (Winner or Grand Prix) per case and award: 300,- Euro
The honouring with an Award comprises following services:
- The presentation of the trophy at the venue
- Winner certificate and badge for use in own communication
- Professional winner photo at the venue
- A copy of the Yearbook
- Entry in the Winners Online Gallery
- Mentioning in press releases
Applicants can book a stand at the venue to display their project between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on 21st September. Note: Limited numbers of stands available. Nominees have priority in booking a stand. Fee is 300,- Euro.
All fees are subject to VAT. Payment takes place on invoicing. Submissions are valid and admitted for judging after payment has been completed.
- All submissions must be in English
- The case should not be older than three years. The first publication date should not be before 31st March 2014
- The project must have been put into practice
Compulsory submission material
- 350 characters incl. spaces
- Essential project information in short
Detailed project description
- 3.000 characters incl. spaces
- This text should include relevant background information on the submitted work
(outset – idea – concept – solution procedure – results)
- The text will be presented to the jury
- On nomination, both texts – abstract and detailed project description – will be published in the Yearbook and online
Format: .tif, .tiff or .psd
Dimensions: 2480 px * 3508 px (width * height)
respectively 210 mm * 297 mm (width * height) at 300 dpi
This image should be representative for the submitted work and will be used for presentation purposes.
Information on credits
Optional, but highly recommended:
Case film (max. 120 seconds)
Format: 16:9, Full HD, MPEG4
The film should have a data rate of at least 15 kbit/sec.The film should elaborate on the project and will be presented to the jury and published online on nomination.
Award video (max. 30 seconds)
Format: 16:9, Full HD, MPEG4
The film should have a data rate of at least 15 kbit/sec. The video will be shown at the Award Show on nomination.
Further supporting material
Format: GIF, JPEG, TIFF, PDF, mp3, MPEG4, QuickTime, AVI or MOV.
Please provide the complete material via data exchange. The material should not exceed 250 MB.
All correctly and timely submitted applications will be presented to the jury. The jury consists of internationally known experts from the categories listed for the competition.
Overall criteria for the judges are: Smart, innovative and useful solutions that make the world sound better. The focus is on SOLUTIONS for all kinds of sound challenges from a user-oriented point of view, whereas SOUND is understood in a broad sense. Applicants will receive a written notice on the results from the jury. The jury’s decision is final.
Do you have any questions? Please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org