The Audio Branding Award will be presented to the three most impressive case studies showcased at the 2013 Audio Branding Congress, taking place in Moscow on November 28th. An excellent jury consisting of last year’s nominees will select the six best case studies in the field of audio branding. This allows all participants to experience both sides of the award process. Furthermore, this new concept ensures the relevant expertise of our jury.
As mentioned in the prelude of the Yearbook 2012/2013, the overall key criteria for excellent audio branding is relevance. Therefore case presentations should focus on the main challenge of the project and show how this was mastered. What matters is not the scope of the presented project but its approach and lasting result.
The top six cases will be presented at the 2013 Congress. Next to the three categories GOLD, SILVER and BRONZE awarded exclusively by the expert jury, there will be an additional AUDIENCE award chosen by popular vote of the Congress participants.
Our returning sponsor Pro Sound Effects is once again donating the Pro Sound Effects Master Library, worth US$ 11,900, as part of the Gold trophy. The PSE Master Library is comprised of over 118,000 sound effects and delivered on a 1.5 TB Glyph drive.
The jury evaluation criteria are:
Concept and Approach
- Innovative approach
- Detailed and comprehensive concept
- Market research
Criteria for Audio Branding Elements
- Brand/Product relation
- Flexibility (creative and technical)
- Aesthetic quality
- Manuals/Brand sound guidelines
- Production quality
- Touch points
- Brand recall
- Brand awareness
- Brand image
- Monitoring/market data
Conditions of Participation
- Submission fee is 300 Euros (plus VAT) per entry.
- If a case study is selected, the presenter is obligated to speak at the Congress.
- The participation fee for selected presenter is 400 Euros (plus VAT), which includes cost of admission.
- If selected speaker has a co-speaker from the case study’s client, the co-speaker will receive complimentary admission.
- Additional tickets can be purchased by the speaker at a 20% discount of the general ticket price.
Requirements for Contributions
- Case study must be a project from the field of audio branding.
- The project should be innovative and set new standards.
- The presenting individual, brand, or agency has been primarily responsible for conception and realization.
- The ideal case study includes a project presented by both representation of brand and agency.
- The presentation must include description of project’s approach, tasks, and results.
- All submissions and presentations are to be presented in English.
- The case study was not submitted previously to the Audio Branding Award.
- Multiple case studies may be entered, but only one case per entrant can be selected for presentation.
Please note that the award cases do NOT have to refer to the 2013 Congress motto “Sound Opportunities”.
How to submit?
Submissions will be accepted until August 30th, 2013. To submit a case study, please begin by reading the conditions of participation and then contact award[at]audio-branding-academy.org. You will receive an application form and all necessary details in a timely manner.