Product Sound, Essen, Germany
Markus Bodden is the head of Product Sound, a consulting company which supports industry in various fields of acoustics. Main expertises are:
- define and implement brand and target sounds
- identify and resolve Sound Quality problems
- perform applied psychophysical investigations to e.g. determine customer requirements
- develop problem-specific signal processing metrics and tools to quantify Sound Quality
- development of interactive audio products (head: Torsten Belschner)
Customers are mainly from automotive industries (manufacturers and suppliers) and from electronic industries (household appliances etc.). Besides the technical solutions Product Sound organizes seminars and trainings and drives the research in this relative young field. Product Sound was honoured with the Ford Technical Achievement Award in 2003.